The biggest ‘secret’ in the business world today is the dynamic and exciting world of accounting. Before you dismiss accounting as a career ‘not for you,’ please take some time to read through this book. I have designed it specifically to dispel the ‘myths’ around the profession, and to open up the terrific opportunities that reside within.
• Professional Profile: Seen as ‘Protectors of the Public Trust and of Shareholders’ Primary Interests.’
• 10%-20% growth rate in job opportunities.
• 50,000 accounting graduates each year.
• Annual salary range for those in the field, generally speaking: $45,000 to $1,000,000.
• 110,000 professionals sit for the CPA Exam annually.
• Leads to numerous and various career opportunities:
In Chapter 2 you can read about a number of professionals who majored in accounting…and where they are currently in their careers.
• Variety of personalities attracted to the field:
Phil Knight…CEO and founder of NIKE
Arthur Blank…CEO and founder of Home Depot
John Grisham…author (The Firm; Shoot to Kill; The Pelican Brief)
Tiger Woods…#1 golfer in the world
Jack Greenberg…former CEO of McDonald’s
Nearly 1,400 of the FBI’s special agents are accountants (#3 man at the FBI, Assistant FBI Director Thomas Pickard, is a CPA)